Sunday, September 2, 2012

Good Will Hunting






My name is Aryn Banovic and I just turned 22 this week. I am a janitor at MIT and sometimes I solve algebraic graph theory problems on the chalk boards in the hall that no one else can seem to solve. Some people may say I am a genius. Oh and my best friend is Ben Affleck. Just kidding just thought I would throw a little fiction in and many of you may have noticed, but that was a line from Step Brothers, which is one of my favorite movies. As you get to know me, you may notice that I thoroughly enjoy quoting movies and what not so feel free to tell me if it gets annoying.
Anyhow, that's me on the right with my roommate and dog Joshua Bernard (it's a long story on how he received his name) at Palo Duro canyon. I love camping, biking, running, and everything outdoors. I was born in Dallas Texas but was raised in Austin Texas since I was very young after my parents divorced; and I am not a hippie, just environmentally conscious! I grew up with an older brother by 4 years, Alex, and later was blessed with a half- sister, Sydney, who is now 9 and lives with my father in Houston.
I followed my older brother here to Tech when I graduated from Westwood High School in 2008. I am majoring in biology, pre-pharmacy, with a double minor in Spanish and chemistry. I was suppose to graduate this may, however, I decided to study abroad in Seville, Spain which put me a semester behind in my biological studies. Therefore, I will be graduating in December. Woot woot! If you ever get the chance to study abroad I would definitely recommend it! I can safely say it was the best semester of my life. Anyway, after college I plan on moving back to Austin, studying for my PCAT, and applying to pharmacy school.
I look forward to this semester and getting to know each and every one of you!

 



6 comments:

  1. Aryn,
    That is an awesome quote from such an awesome movie! I love Step Brothers, as well. I wish I had the ability to fight the financial obligation and go study abroad! I think that would be a great way to learn, especially if you're taking another language.I'm looking forward to meeting you as well.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aryn,

    Our hometowns are so close, I love Austin. I have always wanted to study abroad and I am so glad you enjoyed your experience in Spain. I plan on looking into taking Spanish in Spain, and I would love to talk to you about it! I'm excited to get to work with you this semester!

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aryn,

    When I first started reading your post I really thought you were a janitor at MIT, but then I caught on. I love that movie, and Step Brothers! Both are great. My roommate just studied abroad in Spain this summer and loved it. I am considering studying abroad, myself! I look forward to getting to know you this semester!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe....so many of my friends are movie quoters. Sometimes it can really liven up a dull moment. I would LOVE to study abroad in Seville, and have look into it briefly. Maybe you can give a few pointers? Funny thing, I also have a very good friend who is a pre pharmacy major, after all it is one of the best professions in our country right now. Well, I look forward to getting familiar with your antics, and good luck!

    Jordan Inge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photo! And your dog. I bike with my parents in Palo Duro when I go visit them in Amarillo.

    ReplyDelete