Friday, August 31, 2012

Hello, Miss New Mexico

To start, my name is Jordan Elizabeth Inge and I am a sophomore studying animal science here at Raiderland. Going to Texas Tech has been a huge blessing to me because it is something I have wanted ever since I was a little girl. It is amazing when an aspiration finally becomes a reality. Originally veterinary science was my interest but now its human medicine.

As you can deduce from the title of my post I am not a Texan, but was born and raised in the Land of Enchantment. All summer I was in Pennsylvania doing an internship, and Southern hospitality is definitely not something they make up for the movies. The school that I graduated from had 311 students (preschool through 12th grade), so going from a graduating class of 24 to a college campus of 30,000 was a MAJOR change. This new chapter in my life has had a huge positive influence on me. The people I have met and the friends I have made are irreplaceable.

I grew up on a very successful dry land farming and ranching operation in extreme Eastern New Mexico. Driving tractors, hauling hay, and building fence are all part of an average day back home. I showed animals and was very involved in FFA in high school and played all sports. My daddy passed away in a car accident four years ago, and my mom and the rest of my family all still live in Dora, New Mexico. I have one brother who is 22. He is a welder and farrier. My mom works for an investment company. 

There is nothing that satisfies my fancy more than pearls, denim, and bubble baths. My favorite color is red and I drive a big truck! I believe that doing things that are difficult are usually the things that are worth your while; after all if you're not growing, you're dying!

Me and My Brother, Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment