My name is Veronica Wicks, and that is me in the red! I
recently just transferred to Texas Tech University from the University of Texas
at San Antonio. I am a Corporate- Organizational Communication Studies Major
with a Minor in Business. I am currently a Junior and I hope to pursue a career
in Health Care Administration. I do not want to get too serious, although my
studies and academic success are very important to me. I promise, I’m fun too!
I think most of my best friends
would describe me as talkative and hilarious. I love to make conversations
with strangers and get a giggle out of everyone. I am open and honest and I am
a firm believer that the only way to get to know someone truly, is to know what
they love. So, here it goes.
I love my faith, family, and
friends. I have two brothers and one sister, and I am an aunt of 7 awesome
kids! I am originally from New Braunfels, Texas; I grew up right down the
street from the Comal River and the well-known waterpark, Schlitterbahn. So, typically,
you can find me by the water.
I have a thing for trying many
different ethnic foods, but I always end up wanting Chinese (egg drop soup, a
crab rangoon, and something spicy). The only way to study is with a Chai Tea
Latte and a piece of coffee cake. I love food, as you can tell.
I have always been a runner. Since,
7th grade I have been putting some serious miles on my tennis shoes,
and my life-long dream is to run a full marathon. Hopefully, I am able to find the time to run one before I graduate.
I work hard
for what I want, and I expect nothing less than my very best effort. I am excited to have the opportunity to spend a semester with
all of you, learning and getting a feel for what comes along with being a true Red
Raider!

Hey Veronica,
ReplyDeleteI'm David. I look forward to being in your group this semester. It's interesting to see that you transferred to here from UT San Antonio because that's one of my choices for medical school. I also am interested in running a marathon or doing a triathlon but that won't be until later in life. Again, it's going to be a good year and good luck!
-David
I love Chinese food and was very excited when the new addition of Panda Express came to Lubbock.....I'm thinking extra credit there? ;) You should visit New Mexico and try some real spicy food some time. I love New Braunfels, and the water also. I was actually going to go this weekend, but had to change my mind because of school...darn! I look forward to getting to know you and the rest of the class, and good luck!
ReplyDeleteJordan Inge
I am from Austin so I live pretty close to New Braunfels. I am a little jealous you lived so close to the river. But wow a full marathon?! I ran a half marathon back in march and I can’t even imagine a full one. Good luck and I am looking forward to getting to know you this semester!
ReplyDeleteAryn Banovic