My name is David Michael Ernst, and I was born in Dallas, Texas on June 25, 1993. I have lived in Dallas/Fort Worth area all my life, besides for a short amount of time where I lived in New Orleans. I have two brothers, two sisters, and I am the youngest of the five. I graduated in the top seven percent of my class at number thrity-nine out of five hundred eighty-five students, I was in band for seven years, and I have had multiple accomplishments throughout my life with regards to music and academics. One thing that really affected my life was the death of my father about a year and a half ago. From colon cancer, he past away on February 16, 2011. My major is in Exercise and Sports Sciences. With that major, I plan on going into Physical Therapy, hopefully at UT Southwestern, and working for a hospital or for a sports complex or team. I love my family and friends, I am interested in all types of sports, and I enjoy reading, listening to music all types of music, and working out in my spare time.

David,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear about your father, I know that must be one of the hardest things to overcome, but he is in a better place! What instrument did you play in band? That's awesome! 7 years takes a lot of dedication! I wish you the best of luck in pursuing your dream of being a physical therapist! I look forward to working with you this semester.
Veronica
David,
ReplyDeleteI too am ESS major and plan on going to Physical Therapy school! I don't know what school I really want to go, but probably just any school I can get in to! I am so sorry to hear about your father. I don't know how you must feel because I have never lost anyone so close to me, but I can imagine how hard it must be. I have a lot of friends that are in bands so I find that very interesting! I always wanted to play the drums. See you in class!
Michelle
It is awesome that you were in band for so long! I never had that kind of opportunity because my high school didn't have a band (lame) but I did play the piano for a few years, or at least until the lady that I took lessons from moved away. Playing an instrument is a great way to relieve stress, I found. Having your father pass away is traumatic experience, I can relate with you on that one. But in the end, everything happens for a reason and I'm sure that you are strong enough to overcome it! I look forward to having a great semester getting to know you and the rest of the students in Intro to Fiction, and good luck with your aspirations!!
ReplyDeleteJordan Inge
Awe cute picture! I am sorry to hear about your father, but I love music! I played piano and the drum set in middle school and my freshman year in high school. However, I found I could not manage school with both band and sports so I ended up doing the later. However I really do miss playing and I am trying to teach myself the guitar but my fingers haven't stretched out enough yet. I look forward to learning more about you and your music!
ReplyDeleteAryn Banovic
David,
ReplyDeleteSorry to learn about your dad. My father suffered a close call when I was in High School and I can only imagine how horrible that is. I'm sure he's just fine now.
It's awesome how many brothers and sisters you have! I just have one younger sister, and even though we go at each other a lot, I miss her like crazy. Having so many to love and to love you must be great.
-Serena