Monday, September 3, 2012

Life Is Like a Box of Chocolates


Hi! To start off my name is Michelle Rogers and I grew up in Plano, Texas with my parents and one sister, Kristen.  I am naturally a blonde but I recently dyed my hair, so that's why I look a little different in this picture.  I just turned 20 on August 4th and I am a junior this year.  I'm one of the youngest of all my friends, but that's okay because that just means that when they turn 30, I will still be in my 20s.
 My major is exercise and sports science, pre-physical therapy.  My goal is to become a physical therapist for either a sports clinic, professional sports team, or own my own practice.  I have always been interested in the medical field.  In high school I received my certified nursing assistant license, but I never really used it for anything.  I also played volleyball all throughout high school and basically my whole life.  Since high school I haven't gotten to play a lot, but I play whenever I get the chance.  Last year I took a PE volleyball class and I loved it until I tore my ACL one day.  That wasn't very much fun, but I had surgery and I am starting to run again and I feel great!
Here are some interesting, or maybe not so interesting, facts about myself.  I was born with two heart murmurs.  For those who don't know what that is, it is basically a hole in one of the ventricle walls in my heart.  One of them closed up, but I am still left with one tiny little hole in my heart.  I love animals.  I have a dog named Harley and cat named Sooki, like the girl from True Blood if any of you watch it.  I love movies.  I used to work at a movie theater back home and got free movies all the time, which was awesome.  But now in Lubbock I work at Blue Monkey Bar and Grill and I love it.  My favorite color is purple and my favorite food would probably have to be either steak or pizza.  I try to eat healthy but it never really works out.  Oh well. I love food, so what am I supposed to do? I love the beach but I also love the mountains.  I love snowboarding and wakeboarding, even though I don't have a boat or live anywhere near a mountain.  I make it work.  I love all kinds of music and I love my friends.  I am actually a really nice person, but sometimes I come off strong because I don't hold back from telling the truth and maybe occasionally being a little too blunt with people.  But I'm working on it.  
There is so much more to me, but I will let y'all get to know those parts of me throughout the year.  Even though I am not a big reader or writer, I am really looking forward to this class and getting to know you all.

1 comment:

  1. You sound like a really well-rounded girl who knows what she wants out of life! (A lot of people can't say that for themselves at such a young age, so go you!) I am really interested in medicine also, and have been forever. Animals are AMAZING (I'm an animal science major). Volleyball is great too, I also played in high school, mostly defense. It was by far my favorite sport. There is not a thing wrong with being straight forward with people, after all, honesty is the best policy, right? Have you ever been to Taos, NM?
    The skiing and snowboarding is awesome there and there are TONS of mountains. You should pay a visit. :) Look forward to getting to know you!!

    Jordan Inge

    ReplyDelete